Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Trying to find me a better way to get from the things I do to the things I should

I am being insolent to myself. I don't want to go to sleep and yet the only person this sleep deprivation ultimately hurts is me. I don't know why I'm having a battle against myself. Here are things that would be such a better usage of my time other than figuring out my next scrabulous move...

Resume - I need to apply for an opening at work and this is a key component
Papers - I'm doing some major housekeeping, and getting rid of papers feels great
Clothing - A friend just gave me some nice clothes that no longer fit so I could be putting those away
Misc Crafts - I have a poster to put together, a few paintings to do, and I need to get my art supplies organized
Small moving - I got some furniture from a (different) friend, and need to move out my bedside tables and move that one in
Selling - There is a bunch of stuff I have to sell but first I need to take a digital photo and then post it
Yoga - ok, so I wouldn't be doing that right now, but if I was asleep I would get up early and go to class...I decided a few hours ago this wasn't happening
Writing - I could be creating something more coherent such as an essay, diatribe or other such subject-driven works plus I have a few letters/postcards to write and send

How can you revolt against yourself? Does it even accomplish anything other making yourself more behind in the long run?

Song of the Day - Under the Milky Way by The Church

No comments: