Wednesday, May 28, 2008

If you could do anything, what would you do?

Tonight I was talking to a friend of mine about her job, which she hates...but she's not sure what else she can do that would still pay as much as she makes now.

Money needs aside, it got me to thinking about what I would REALLY want to do, if I could really do anything. I think that the possibilities are so endless that to just start from scratch and try to think of things is not only difficult, but also somewhat counter-productive because you become limited by your own known parameters and experiences.

So, here's a list of actions I would actually like to do every (well, most) day(s), if I had the choice:

-not have to get up early (i.e. before 9) [says the one with a 7:30am meeting in few hours]
-help people in some capacity
-make the physical world around me better
-do something creative
-talk to different people throughout the day
-organize people in some kind of fashion (like for an event or purpose but not limited to only those)
-connect people/work to other relevant people/work (let's try and cut-down on so much internal wheel re-inventing)
-be outside
-travel occasionally

-[to be fair I dance almost every day, but just for myself - I don't think I would want to make that part of my official list, although it is an action I would want to continue on a daily basis]
-[same with listening or playing/making music]

I think that's a pretty good place to start. Now I just need to figure out what occupations could possibly fit that description. Or maybe it's time for me to make my own. Any suggestions?

If you could list just the actions that would make you happy every day (ok, most days), what would they be? Are you working toward making that a reality?

Song of the Day: Workin' for a Livin' - Huey Lewis and the News

No comments: