Friday, May 9, 2008

making lemonade

It seems that more than writing about actual topics I seem to write about writing. I have had so many things I have wanted to say about a variety of topics - my friend's death, my brother's graduation, the surreal feeling of returning to places you know so well but seem so different the longer you are away...

So why can't I take the leap to actually write what I'm thinking? Why is it that I can seem to have an entire essay monologue in my head and the instant I get in front of a screen it is no longer there to be transcribed?

The point of this exercise was for me to start writing more, and the more I push the writing times into "when I have time" the more difficult it is to actually write.

If I'm going to make writing a real priority I'm going to have to start giving it priority time. Rather than "if I have time" it should be "I'm going to write now"

The apprehension behind this is, of course, the fear of becoming one of those blog-obsessed people who feel they can't discuss something because it was already posted on their blog or are wary to discuss the topic of a future post.

Overall though, I think the new ability for us blogger folks to post at a specified time will help; although only time will tell if that will work out...

Song of the Day: No Time - The Guess Who

No comments: