Friday, February 15, 2008

Per the edict given by Dan Savage at the 11th Annual Valentine's Day Bash

I found the following letter (typed below verbatim) in a garbage bag on the corner:


To:
Karl Tegenfeldt
MCC Vietnam
01 NGO 103
Phao Dai Lang
Dong Da
Han Noi, Vietnam

Dec 19, 2003
Karl,
greetings! you and barbara are somewhere exotic right now, and I am sitting at Top Pot doughnuts watching the line for Lord of the Rings snake around the block. People are going ape shit over it, which I like. I've seen a lot of people in costume this week. I meant to send you and B a little christmas care package. Obviously that didn't happen. I'll have to send something soon. I used to be so good about that kind of stuff. Now I feel lucky if I remember to eat breakfast in the morning! How are you? In one of her emails. B said she was blown away by how good your vietnamese is and how well you've adjusted. Not much is new here. wyatt is getting more opinionated and mobile every day, and his weight seems to be stabilizing a bit :). He misses you. Yancey and I are growing restless at NHM - we'll see what happens. We think of you all the time and hope you are happy and well. All my love, Sarah.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I think the real question is, why were you digging in a garbage bag in the corner?

asha said...

Please remove this post - I know these people and you have the story completely wrong.

Ali G Teacher Extraordinaire said...

i agree with abra -- i know these people too and if you knew what you were doing by posting this you'd feel terrible. please take it down.