Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bitter With Baggage Seeks Pizza

One of my favorite books is by Sloane Tanen - Bitter With Baggage Seeks Same. It's mostly photos so it's just my speed. A friend recently sent me some mini chicks that resemble the stars of the book, so I thought it might be nice to set them up in some scenes of their own...


This was taken at Piecora's in Capital Hill, which is decent Pizza (IMHO, and by Seattle standards). Now, everyone has their own opinions on pizza, and their favorite pizza, and oh you can only get good pizza in Italy/New York/New Jersey/Chicago/wherever. I love pizza, even bad pizza. It just always surprises me that some people actually like the same pizza that I would consider to be my last choice; thick but not-deep dish, more sauce than cheese, kinda chewy crust, not easy to fold. I have actually had Seattleites tell me they would rather have this than a thin, folded-in-half-so-you-can-eat-it-on-the-go slice of cheesy goodness. Really. I guess if they didn't like it, it wouldn't sell? Although that may not be a good example because, regardless, if it's around I still eat it...who lets pizza go to waste!?


To sort this all out, the folks over at SPLOG! are working their way through all the pizza joints in Seattle. Good luck and enjoy your research! In the meantime, I'm still going to eat whatever pizza happens to end up in front of me. And I'm going to eat double that amount when I'm in New York.

Song of the Day: I'm Fat - Weird Al Yankovic

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ahhh! LOL! That. Is. Awesome. Look out Flat Stanley, here come chicks with baggage and pizza stained lips, er, beaks.