Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day!

Yes, I am that much of a dork that I celebrate Pi day. I even went out with a bunch of friends, all of us wearing large "I heart Pi Day" buttons...yes really. I think the moment of the evening was when a random guy from a neighboring table came over to inquire about our celebration.

"oh, what school are you guys from?" - I explained to him we were just a bunch of random old people who were out celebrating. And asked where he went "Oh. Seattle University - you know, over that way" (pointing) Yeah dude, I know. No, I didn't say that.

I find it odd that people so often assume that I'm in some kind of schooling program. I mean, it's great - but also surprising to me, because I feel so far removed from college.

While travelling home for Christmas last year, I had a brown tube carrying a poster for my brother and a print for my parents. When I went to get off the plane, a woman handed it to me from the overhead and rather excitedly asked "Oh, is that some homework or a project?!" . Um, no. But thanks? It felt more awkward than complimentary but perhaps in ten years I will be more grateful for looking young. *by the way, I don't actually think I look that young...

Tonight at one point we were talking about Bel Biv Divoe and Boys II Men and someone said: "A.B.C., B.B.D."

I replied "(finishing the song) mmm, hmmmm. Whatever happened to A.B.C. anyway?"

at this point someone else joined in: "They weren't cute anymore. HA, A.B.C. - more like Another Bad Creation. (pause) ...oh, wait...that was actually their name, wasn't it?"

Pi Day Countdown

Song of the Day: Van Halen - Nerf Herder

No comments: