Wednesday, March 9, 2011

who what where why when...and HOW??

greetings virtual world!!
It has been so long since I last communicated with you that I couldn't even remember my password for this blog!! hahaha! I could barely remember my security question!! DOH! :)

it has been many months and many miles since I last was here...and life changes in many ways but as Dave Matthews says, basically it stays the same. I am alive, I am breathing, I am healthy (thank you universe!) and I am still trying to figure it all out.

I am in dire need of once again whetting my proverbial writers whistle. It is amazing how the desire and need to write comes and goes...and yet I cannot control these waves or I would perhaps be on a better path to becoming a writer. Or by definition I suppose one who writes already IS a writer...as is the bane of any artist, it is just the survival upon your craft alone that becomes the beguiling part.

I have become more aware in my quest to write professionally...I have started really analyzing the writing of others...what writing do I enjoy reading, and what do I feel is a chore?

especially the travel blogs of others...I am also in the same boat that it is easy to just write the events of the day - but that is neither engaging nor entertaining. If I really wanted to know your every move I would ask to become your significant other.

Of course, this blog is no exception...but this is here as my own personal outlet, not as something I am directing people to read to showcase my (we hope not lack of??) creativity.

so where do we stand now? As usual, at the end of a ramble with no conclusion, no significant thesis, no theme and no arc. I had an English teacher who always said you had to know all the rules in order to break them. But what if e.e.cummings just didn't give a crap?

No comments: