Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Power of Apathy

so, after an interesting weekend [interesting in the internal thought kind of way, not at all in the big-exciting-story kind of way] I have decided that I am done responding to people's drama. I don't know if drama is the right term. I am done having people guilt me for completely inconsequential things.

Now, if I were a malicious person or had bad intentions, I would think it would make sense and I would be deserving of guilt. But I am finally realizing that there are times when people make a really big deal of nothing and I'm tired of responding to it.

Maybe it is my constant need to make sure those around me are happy that I am actually the one making a bigger deal of it...it might be that it's just their reaction and they are not actually that angry.

Either way, I'm done, and it feels GREAT! I complain about other people having so much drama and how I'm trying to be drama free, but I think that by allowing for these big reactions, or even acknowledging them I am merely feeding into this drama system.

Our own happiness can only come from ourselves and we set the terms of our own reality. So why am I constantly catering to appeasing others when all it is doing is increasing the stress put upon myself? It's their problem, not mine. From empathy to apathy.

We'll see how it goes, but to be completely honest I feel so much better all ready. Maybe because for once I am finally willing to put myself first. And that makes me smile.

Alright world, let's do this!

:)

Song of the Day: Move Along - All American Rejects

No comments: